Your City, Your Style: Chicago Snapbacks
Much like the historic but progressive city of Chicago, the classic snapback hat seems to keep getting better with age — and with so many iconic sports teams in the Windy City, ’47 has an exciting opportunity to keep innovating the designs that live on this familiar fit. ’47 is licensed to create official headwear and apparel for five of Chicago’s clubs (and counting): the Blackhawks, Bears, Bulls, White Sox and Cubs.
Throughout the year, at any given time, Chicago will inevitably have at least one of these major league teams competing. These competitions happen alongside countless other popular events where proud, fashion-conscious Chicagoans go to rep their city.
’47 CAPTAIN Snapback: Chicago Edition
The ’47 CAPTAIN is a flat-brimmed, structured cap with buckram panels that keep the hat’s shape. A plastic adjustable closure in back snaps the fit into place — hence the name, snapback. The ’47 CAPTAIN RF is a slight variation of this with a similar silhouette, but the lack of buckram panels gives it a more relaxed fit (feels less “stiff”). These two hat styles, plus fresh graphics and designs, merge with familiar Chi-Town marks in the looks highlighted below:
- The Blackhawks Highway ’47 CAPTAIN RF is a light gray wool blend with a bold team word mark — fit for a modern hockey dynasty.
- The Cubs Casey ’47 CAPTAIN seeks inspiration all the way back to World War I.
- The White Sox Shinedown snapback integrates new style elements and features a unique, patent leather brim.
- The Hempstead is perfect as a winter snapback, made with slightly heavier material — a durable gray melton wool.
- At the United Center, the Bulls are celebrating a landmark 50th season. The Sure Shot emulates our original fit from the Michael Jordan era.
There’s plenty more where these came from — check out the always growing collection of Chicago-loyal headwear and apparel options in our online shop.